Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sunday, May 22, 2011

An Official College Graduate

Well, I did! It is official...I am a college graduate! This post is two weeks late, but things have been a little crazy lately.  On May 7, 2011 I graduated cum laude from the Jon M. Hunstman School of Business at Utah State University.  I actually finished classes in December, but this year they only had one commencement ceremony so I had to wait until May to "walk".  That Friday, my mom, dad, Jill, and the boys made it to Logan to party with me.  That night we went to eat at Firehouse Pizza to enjoy some delicious pizza and dessert.  We then headed to the hotel to take the boys swimming so they could get some energy out.

Saturday morning we got ready and headed up to campus.  I decided not to walk in the big graduation that they do in the morning.  For that, everyone meets on the Quad and then walks through campus to the Spectrum.  I didn't want to make everyone (and myself) sit through two graduation ceremonies, so I just walked in the Business School commencement.  We got there early and took some pictures outside before going in.  It was so great to finally be "graduating" even though I had been done with school for a few months.  It has been a long road full of late nights, early mornings, hectic schedules, too many tests, huge group projects, and countless other  tasks but it was definitely worth it.  Jon M. Hunstman donated $25 million to the business school a couple years ago, so he and his wife were there.  She spoke and then she invited him up to say a few words.  He is an amazing man and has done so much to help progress cancer research and now to help this business school.























After graduation, we headed to Hamilton's for lunch.  My roommate Andy also joined us.  It was very good food and so fun to have my family and friends there to celebrate with.  Jill took the boys back to the hotel for naps and my parents and I went to look for some furniture for my new apartment.  We found everything we needed at the first store and in less than an hour...that is pretty dang good for me!! We dropped our purchase off at my apartment and went back out for some more shopping and dinner at Cafe Rio. We went swimming again that night and had lots of fun with the boys!











Sunday morning we went to IHOP for breakfast then started moving my stuff from my old apartment to my new one.  It was so nice having extra help to make the moving process less stressful.  I truly appreciate all of the help from my parents and Jill and the boys.  After getting everything shuffled over to the new place, we went to dinner at The Beehive Grill.  They had to head back in the morning and I had to work, so we hit the sack pretty early that night.  It was so much fun having them here to celebrate with! I was so happy that they were able to come to Logan and spend the weekend with me.  They are amazing and helped me out so much.

Thank you to everyone who has supported me throughout the years as I worked towards my degree.  It has meant the world to me and I could not have done it without you!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, butts! We are so happy for you and are so glad that we got to be there to celebrate on your special day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. first off wasnt graduation on may 7th?? and second why the heck did you go to hamiltons and not elements megan!! i am not happy with you ;) ps nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete