Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, August 1, 2011

BIG, Exciting News!!!!!!!!

I'M ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is so much to tell, I don't know where to start! This is just the initial announcement post.  I will post more about the entire weekend later on.  I seriously could not be any happier...I think I would explode if I were any happier.  Cheesy? Yes, but so true.  Well...here it goes!

We had been planning on flying to Powell sometime this summer and when Jabin and I started talking about getting married we decided that it would be a perfect time for us to go home so he could ask my dad for permission and blessing.  My roommate Andy and our friend Hillary also wanted to go because they had never gone home with me and wanted to see Wyo.  We left Friday evening after work and landed in Cody around 8:30.  That night, Jabin had his "chat" with my dad and it sounded like it went pretty well.  He wouldn't tell me much about it that night other than he did say yes.  Saturday we went boating all day and got back to Powell around 7:30.  We decided to hurry and head into town to eat dinner at El Tapatio so Andy, Hill and I did not have time to shower and freshen up(yes, I had greasy hair and messed up make up when he proposed).  After dinner I gave them a short tour of the town and Jabin wanted to see the airport.  We dropped the kids (Andy and Hill) off at my house and headed out to the airport.

I wasn't really sure why he wanted to see the Powell airport because it is tiny.  In fact, I had never even been out to the airport before.  So we headed out there, and it is quite a ways out of town so Jabin was probably dying the whole way out there!  He kept saying that he could hear a weird noise coming from the car.  I thought he was crazy and just kept driving.  We stopped at the airport and I let him drive back.  We went a little farther and he pulled over so he could check out what the sound was.  I got out to take a look too.  He fumbled around trying to get the hood popped and told me to try.  I also fumbled around with it, but eventually got it open.  As I turned around, there he was one on knee with the ring box open!!! He took me by complete surprise!!!!

Obviously, I said yes!! I literally had no clue that he was going to propose this weekend.  When we went to get the ring, they had told us that it wouldn't be done for another week so I was thinking it wouldn't be done until this week sometime.  Apparently, he had gone in early and told them he needed it by Friday and to tell me it would take a week...sneaky little bugger! He had told my parents and Hill and Andy so they were all anxiously awaiting our return from the airport.

Ha can you tell I got a little emotional?!?

YAAAAAAAAAAY!!! 



It was an absolutely perfect moment that I will never forget.  He is such an amazingly sweet, kind, funny, caring, and wonderful guy.  I could not have asked for a better person to spend forever with.



You'll have to excuse my wrinkly hand and bad pictures.  It is hard to get a good picture of the ring but I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Megan, I'm so excited for you! It sounds like Jabin is a real winner, and he is one lucky guy! Congratulations, I can't wait for your big day!-Krista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan that is awesome! I am so happy for you!! Congratulations! He sounds awesome, just like you deserve!!! ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete