Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Up, Up, and Away!

On Monday I finally got to go flying with Jabin!  He is now a flight instructor at the airport here in Logan and he took me, his friend Chet and his wife Morgan on an amazing sunset flight.  It was so cool to see Cache Valley, the mountains and Bear Lake from 10,000 feet.  It is such a pretty area and is great to see it from a different perspective.  I had never been in a small plane like this before (even tho I have been on some pretty tiny ones flying to Nebraska or Wyo!) so I was a little nervous but mostly excited.  I can't believe he gets paid money to fly airplanes all day...how cool is that?!?

So, for our flight we headed south then turned east and headed over the mountains.  We came around and flew over the top of Bear Lake and then headed back to Logan by flying over Logan Canyon.  The weather was perfect and it only got a little bumpy as we came out of the canyon at the end.  We couldn't have asked for a better sunset either! It was beautiful anyways, but to see it from the air was spectacular!  I even got to fly the plane for a little while! I thought he was joking when he said I had control and was flying it, but then I took a hold of the controls and I sure was flying! He even pulled some maneuver so we could experience zero gravity...wow!! That was a crazy feeling! This is definitely a memorable day and hopefully something I can do again!

Me and Jabin before our flight

This is one of their "biggest" planes!

Logan Temple


I'm flying!! AH!




Bear Lake

I love flying :)

Beaver Mountain...where I went snowboarding that morning

seriously the best sunset ever!

Old Main on the USU Campus

Back on the ground

2 comments:

  1. Super fun! Not everyone can say that they have gotten to go on a plane ride for a date! I'm glad you got the whole template thing figured out since your dead-brain sister never told you how to! Can't wait to see you!!

    ReplyDelete