Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, June 13, 2011

Road Trip to Wyo

Over Memorial Day weekend, Jabin and I made the loooong trek home to Powell.  Somehow, Jabin had managed to  get away with not meeting my family until then.  I had Monday off of work so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to go home!  We left Saturday morning and started our journey.  He had never been that far into Wyo and it was really exciting for him.  So exciting that he slept for a good portion of the trip...even with all of the beautiful scenery. Ha! So we made it to Powell about 5 or so and Jill, Christian and the boys met up with us at my parents shortly after.

We all headed over to Cody for some Rib & Chop House...YUM!! Kyle even came to dinner with us, so Jabin was immediately introduced to most of the fam.  Dinner was great and we then headed back home.  We hung out for a bit with the boys and Jill and Christian until they headed back to Lovell.  Jabin and I hit up the hot tub for a little relaxation.  Sunday morning we went to church at my parent's ward and then chilled at the house.  The weather was pretty crummy so we couldn't go shooting, 4-wheeling, or anything adventurous like that.  We took some great Sunday naps and prepared dinner.  Jill, Christian and the boys came over and livened things up a bit.

Travy dressed up like Wolverine


My grandma and grandpa came over for dinner as well.  We had french dips and we were all so stuffed!  After dinner we all sat around and chatted and watched Home Alone with Travis and Carson, which was quite entertaining! After g-ma and g-pa left, we busted out some games and really broke Jabin into our family's craziness.  We played Loaded Questions and oh boy! Things got quite out of hand and several times I was to the point I was crying because I was laughing so hard.
Love this lil boy

dorks!!

Monday we slept in a little bit and headed out around 1-ish.  There had been a big storm moving through Wyo and I did not want to have to drive through any snow! I was not feeling very well so Jabin drove the whole way home.  We managed to miss the snow, and had just barely missed the bad weather over South Pass...thank goodness!

It was so much fun to go home for a few days and see my family.  I was so happy that Jabin was willing to drive through the beautiful state of WY to meet my family.  I thought that it went very well and he handled all of the teasing and harassment like a champ! I can't wait til I can see my family again and spend more time with them.

the open road :)

No comments:

Post a Comment