Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sunday, July 3, 2011

AFS Annual Meeting in SLC

Every June my dad has meetings down in Salt Lake for the Associated Food Stores Annual Meeting.  It has kind of turned into a tradition to go down to SLC and play all week.  I normally go with my family an enjoy the week of shopping, swimming, good food, and other great activities, but now that I have a grown-up job I was not able to do all of that.  On Tuesday night my parents, Jill, and the boys came up to Logan to see me though! We all went out to dinner at Cafe Sabor and then just hung out at my place for a little while.  I was so glad that they decided to come up for the evening so I could see them.  It was killing me knowing that they were just over an hour away and I could not see them. Bummer!

On Thursday it was the big fancy dinner that AFS puts on for everyone, so I decided to drive down after work and go to that so I could the fam some more.  Kyle and Jason were there by this time too.  I made it down in time for dinner and the boys and Jill convinced me to just stay the night with them and drive back home for work in the morning.  It was so fun to get to everyone.  Jill said Carson and Travis had been asking all week why I wasn't staying with them and when would I be able to go swimming with them.  Sounds like they missed their Auntie Butts :) They are so cute and I couldn't pass up the chance to stay a little longer with them.

We get to stay in the Grand America Hotel in SLC and the dinner is one of the ballrooms there.  It is tradition to take pictures outside in the gorgeous courtyard.  It was such a beautiful evening that my mom, Jill, and I sat out there for quite a while and let the boys play.  It was fun even though I wish I could have spent more time with the fam in SLC.

Me and the boys hanging out at dinner

The fam!!


What good looking boys!



The beautiful flowers in the courtyard

No comments:

Post a Comment